Sunday, March 15, 2020

This Too Shall Pass


"This Too Shall Pass" by Greg Olsen
At first, it was really pretty silly to me how people were responding to this new "scare", but now it's gotten pretty serious.  I couldn't even get the basic things that I need to feed or take care of my own family this week from the grocery store; the shelves were empty.  Then to make things worse, travel to other countries has been shut down, which I do feel is probably a good call since that's where this first originated anyway.  My local town has shut down a festival here, as well as our farmers market.  Now the hysteria has moved on to major events, such as sporting events, amusement parks, and even some churches.

I'm sure we're all scared to a certain extent.  Maybe you're afraid of getting sick, or you're afraid of your kiddos getting sick.  Or maybe you're afraid of being stuck inside, not being able to work, or maybe you don't even know why you're afraid or feeling anxious.  For me, I've been okay.  But now I'm getting a little anxious because of everyone else's paranoia and the way they're reacting.

Regardless of how you're feeling, we have all got to "Be still..." (Psalm 46:10) and just breathe!  In times like this, we need to just turn to God and say, "I trust you, Lord."  He is in control, and He knows what He's doing.  He tells us in Phillipians 4:6, "Be anxious for nothing..."  And in Isaiah 41:40, He says, "Fear not, for I am with you..."

We have to focus on Jesus and not on the storm.  He will not leave us; He will take care of us.  And as the saying goes, "This too shall pass..."

"When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.  In God, whose word I praise, 
in God I trust and am not afraid."
Psalm 56:3-4



No comments:

Post a Comment