Thursday, March 26, 2020

Stir Fry Chicken


Years back when I was still working outside the home, a friend of mine made this for me. I loved it so much that I started making it myself.

Over the years, I've changed the recipe up a bit. She used frozen veggies, while I love using fresh ones. And with a few more changes here and there, I've revised this recipe to my own personal liking.

It's one of my personal favorites, and I never get tired of it! And...it's pretty healthy for you, too!
Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!


Ingredients:

1 Lg. box of Zatarain’s Yellow Rice
2 T. of Olive Oil
2-3 Chicken Breasts (Cut into bite-size pieces)
1 Bunch of fresh broccoli
1 Red Bell Pepper
1 Green Bell Pepper
1 Yellow Bell Pepper
1 pkg. of fresh sliced mushrooms
2 T. Minced Garlic
Teriyaki Sauce
Worcestershire Sauce


Directions:

1) Cut raw chicken into bite size pieces – about the size of your thumb, then set aside;
2) Cut vegetables into bite size pieces. (You can leave the broccoli stems, if you like, or just use the    crowns.) Set veggies aside;
3) Cook rice as directed on the box for the serving size you wish;
4) Pour oil into skillet or wok, and mix in your garlic;
5) When oil is hot, add chicken, and a bit of Soy and Worcestershire Sauce (Use to your liking);
6) When chicken is no longer pink and lightly browned, remove from pan;
7) Add veggies, mushrooms, and enough Teriyaki and Worcestershire Sauce to stir fry in. Add a little water, if necessary;
8) Add the chicken back to the pan, cover and simmer until veggies are tender. (Unless you prefer them crispier.) Serve over rice.
Enjoy!

(Note: I have also tried this recipe with a little brown sugar added; both are yummy!)


No comments:

Post a Comment