Thursday, March 26, 2020

What's God Saying


When Bree was only four, she and I would often sit outside on the front porch swing. We loved to listen to the birds sing, watch the squirrels play, and feel the wind on our faces. I've kinda' started our own little thing where I told her that when the wind blows that's God talking to us.

So one day we're just sitting there swinging and talking, and the wind starts to blow. She turns to me and asks, "What's God saying"?

I told her that He was telling her how much He loves her.

You know I wonder just how many times that God's talking to us, and we don't hear Him. Is it because we're just not listening? Have we blocked Him out? Or are we just too busy to listen to what He has to say?

I know, myself, that I get too caught up in worry. Yes, I know. You're not suppose to worry, but for some of us that's easier said than done. I'm pretty hard-headed when it comes to worry. I try to give it to God, but I'm so bad about picking it back up. So I have to give it to Him over and over again. *smile*

But the next time you feel the wind blowing, remember - maybe, just maybe - that's God talking to you. So be sure to listen!

No comments:

Post a Comment