Sunday, March 1, 2020

Pray Continually


What is prayer?  That's simple...prayer is a conversation you have with God.  And I don't know about you, but for me, God is my best friend.  I talk to Him about everything.  I talk to Him when I'm scared, when I feel lonely; I talk to Him when I'm excited or thankful.  I want to share everything with Him.  Isn't that what you do with your best friend?

We seem to think that we have to talk to God with formality, but the truth is, I believe God wants us to just be ourselves with Him.  He wants us to be real and not put on a show.  He wants us to be honest with Him.   And even though He already knows what's in our heart, I believe He wants us to share it with Him.

So how do we find time to pray continually?  It's easy when you think about it.  We can pray through every day moments...whether we're driving, waiting in line to get coffee, folding clothes, or standing at the kitchen sink.  Pray for your family, your friends, your worries, your fears...just talk to Him.  But be sure to thank Him, too, for your family, your health, your job...that list goes on and on.

Praying keeps us close to God.  It strengthens our relationship with Him, and it helps us fight temptations and evil.  It allows us to confess our sins.  And it allows us to just "be still" and rest in God's presence.  And be sure to listen.  Remember the best conversations are two-sided, but you won't hear anything if you never stop to listen.

"Pray without ceasing."
1 Thessalonians 5:17




No comments:

Post a Comment