Thursday, March 26, 2020

Once Upon A Time...Amen


Ever notice how little ones can bring an instant smile to your face or even make you burst out laughing?  Well, that's what my grand-daughter, Carlie did when she was two years old.

It was so cute; I was just sitting there talking to my two daughters while Carlie was sitting in the floor playing.  That's when I heard her say, "Once upon a time...Amen!"  We all just stopped talking and looked at her.  A smile instantly spread across my face.  I looked over at Jessica, Carlie's mother, and asked, "Where did she come up with that?"

Jessie laughed and said, "Well, I think it came from our nightly routine."  She continued with, "Every night I help her say her prayers, then we read a story.  And from that, she's put the beginning of her story with the end of her prayers."

I thought that was just so cute!  But to hear Carlie say it was...well, it was just priceless!  Unless you're a grandmother, too, you're probably thinking, "Okay, you've just lost it!"  But we grandmothers know that no matter what comes out of these precious babies' mouths, it's beautiful to us!

"ONCE UPON A TIME...there was a baby named Jesus.  He grew in wisdom and grace, and He died for our sins.  AMEN!" 

I think Carlie's got the right idea, don't you?

Have a blessed day!




No comments:

Post a Comment