Sunday, May 19, 2019

Wave At Them As They Pass By


"I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by." Captain Jack Sparrow
"Tropical Sunset"
Kendra Burton


For those of you who aren't familiar with this quote, it comes from the Disney movie "Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Man's Chest" featuring my favorite actor, Johnny Depp, as Captain Jack Sparrow.

While this is one of the funny lines of the movie, I think this may be how God might like for us to view our problems.  Instead of focusing on them so much, we should be focusing on God.  Instead of stressing out so much about every day life, we should be laying everything at God's feet.  This is what He wants us to do.  Do I do this?  No, of course not!  Do I want to?  Yes!  I want to do what the Lord wants me to do, but I'm too busy trying to handle everything myself.  It's so hard for me to just let go, and let God handle the situation, but that's exactly what He wants us to do.

So the next time we start to worry or stress out, when those problems just keep coming, let's try to give them to God.  Trust Him to work everything out for our good.  Just "wave at them as they pass by".


"Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you."
I Peter 5:7

No comments:

Post a Comment