Sunday, May 5, 2019

The Lighthouse


"There's a lighthouse on the hillside
"Split Rock Light"
Thomas Kinkade
That overlooks life's sea.
When I'm tossed it sends out a light,
That I might see.
And the light that shines in darkness now
Will safely lead us home.
If it wasn't for the lighthouse,
My ship would be no more.
And I thank God for the lighthouse,
I owe my life to Him.
For Jesus is the lighthouse
And from the rocks of sin;
He has shone a light around me
That I could clearly see,
If it wasn't for the lighthouse
Tell me where would this ship be"

You know this song has always meant so much to me.  It pretty much says it all.  Without Jesus, where would I be?

There's been so many times that I've felt lost and alone.  Sometimes we lose sight of Jesus because we're not focusing on Him.  Instead we're focusing on our problems, and we become overwhelmed and afraid. Just like Peter when he walked on the water to Jesus, he was afraid because he lost sight of Jesus for a split second. (...But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me. And immediately Jesus stretched forth His hand, and caught him..." Matthew 14:29-31).

Let's not lose sight of Jesus...let's not lose site of the Lighthouse.  All we have to do is call His name, and He will send out His light and save us.

Is Jesus your Lighthouse today?


I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.
John 8:12

No comments:

Post a Comment