Sunday, September 15, 2019

What Is A Friend?


What is a friend?  I have my own definition of what I believe a friend to
be, but I actually researched this.  While I found several definitions of the word "friend", the one I really liked was "a favored companion".

This is how I feel about Jesus.  A "favored companion".  Jesus is so much more than this to me.  He's my Lord, my God, my Savior, my Father, my King, but to me - He's also my very best friend!  I can turn to Him, and I can tell Him anything.  I want to share everything with Him.

Even my closest friends and family here on this earth don't know everything about me.  There's things I hide from everyone, but not Jesus.  Not only can I not hide anything from Him, I've learned that I don't want to hide anything from Him.

And Jesus tells us in John 15:14, "Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you."  Isn't that awesome!  Jesus calls us His friends.  What an honor!  And you'll never have a greater friend than Jesus Christ!


"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
John 15:13

No comments:

Post a Comment