Sunday, July 19, 2020

Are You Ready?


Have you ever wondered what your purpose was?  Why you're here on this earth?  I know I have.  Even after I found Jesus and accepted Him as my personal Lord and Savior, for a long time I still questioned why I was really here.  It wasn't until I really focused on Jesus, read His word, talked to Him constantly...that's when I finally understood my purpose.  I was put here by God for God.  We all were.  But why?

Because God wants each of His children, every believer, to be a witness for Him for those who don't know Him.  He wants us to share with others what He has done for us.  He wants us to share with others who He is...our Creator, our Protector, our Salvation...He is God.  I believe He wants us to be His light in a dark and fallen world.  And the greatest way we can be His light and show His love is by sharing His gospel (good news) with others.

God loves you.  He sent His only Son, Jesus to die for your sins (John 3:16).  Jesus tells us in John 14:6, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."  Jesus died for you, knowing that you might never love Him back.  His sacrifice was a precious gift to you...all you have to do is receive Him.  The Lord is coming back to gather His children (Matthew 24:44).  Are you ready?

If you died today, do you know where you would spend eternity? If you're not sure, then please give your heart to God today. He loves you, and He wants you to spend eternity with Him.

"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." 
Romans 10:13



No comments:

Post a Comment