Sunday, July 5, 2020

Where Is God?



In life, as we all know, there are good times and bad times.  And it's been my experience that during the bad times, we often ask, "Where is God?".  I know during 9-11, I heard this question quite often.  And now, with what's going on in the world today...this pandemic, the riots, the protests, the hate...I'm hearing it again.  "Where is God"?

And while I don't know everything, here's what I believe...

I believe when bad things happen, God is with us.  He tells us in Matthew 28:20, "I am with you always...".  And then in Isaiah 43:2, He tells us "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you..."

I don't believe God ever sends us into a situation alone.  He goes before us.  He stands beside us.  He walks behind us.  He said He would never leave us or forsake (abandon) us.  (Hebrews 13:5)  I believe He's right there holding our hand.  (Isaiah 41:13)

When bad things happen, I believe the Holy Spirit is praying for us.  When we can't pray ourselves, I believe He does, as is evident in Romans 8:26, "...the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us."

When bad things happen, I believe He takes us by the hand and leads us through the situation.  "He shows us or directs our path".  (Proverbs 3:6)

When bad things happen...when we don't have the strength to even stand, I believe He holds us up with His own hand.  (Isaiah 41:10)

The truth is that we are going to experience bad things in our life, but God promises that He will be there with us when they do.  We may not understand His reasoning or His wisdom, but He wants us to lean on Him...to trust Him.  He is teaching us to walk by faith.

Life may feel difficult and overwhelming at times, and you may wonder where God is or what He's doing.  But rest assured, He is with you.  He's praying for you.  He's leading you.  And He's holding you up when you can't stand on your own.  So don't ask God why He's allowing something to happen.  Instead, ask Him what He wants you to learn from it.

"Fear not, for I am with you..."
Isaiah 41:10



No comments:

Post a Comment