Thursday, March 28, 2019

Life's Little Treasures


You know life is filled with "little treasures" that can make you smile. I remember sitting at my kitchen table just listening. My two daughters were in one room, while my three little grand-daughters were sitting in another room on the opposite end of the house.

My daughters were laughing and just enjoying being together and remembering old times. And I could hear the grandbabies in the other room just laughing and playing. I just sat there and listened. It was peaceful; it was rewarding. To just stop for a minute and cherish their laughter, their lives.

They are all so important to me, and I love them dearly. But so many times, life gets too busy for us to just stop and "smell the roses". In all my life, I think this was one of the nicest moments I've ever had - just listening to the five of them - and feeling true happiness and contentment.

So I ask you to just take a little time each day to just stop and listen. You might be surprised at what you hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment