Thursday, March 28, 2019

Strawberry Pie


This is one of my Janna's fave desserts! I would go to the bakery to buy her one cuz, to be honest, I don't have lots of confidence in my own cooking. But I finally got tired of spending $15. just to get this pie that, personally, I didn't think was that great.

So I started searching for recipes, but most were more complicated than I wanted to deal with. If it gets too complicated or has to many ingredients, lots of times, I won't even try it. I like things simple and easy so I don't over-work my itsy bitsy brain.

So I finally came up with my own little version of a strawberry pie. And guess what? It's super simple and so easy to make!

Last Christmas, I found, to my delight, that my niece, Haley loved it, too!

So...here ya' go!

Ingredients:

Fresh strawberries
Strawberry Gelatin (Premade in the produce section)
1/4 cup Sugar (Optional)
Fat-Free Cool Whip
Pet Ritz Pie Shell (For less fat, try the Keebler Reduced-Fat Graham Cracker Crust)


Directions:

1. Combine sliced strawberries with gel and sugar. (Save some of the strawberries if you'd like to garnish your pie with them.);
2. If using a frozen pie crust, bake per directions on package.
3. Spread strawberry mixture evenly in crust;
4. Cover top of pie with cool whip, and garnish with strawberries;
5. Refrigerate.

Oh yeah! Eat up!

No comments:

Post a Comment