Wednesday, March 27, 2019

I'd Rather Be at the Beach



Ahhh...the beach! Warm sun on my face, sand between my toes, and the smell of the salty air. Seagulls crying overhead, and waves crashing against a lonely seashore; that's what I call paradise!

I've always loved going to the beach; it's so peaceful. When my daughters were little, we made trips to the beach every summer. We built many a sandcastle there, buried toes in the sand, and waded into the cool, foamy water.

And now, we're carrying on that tradition with my grand-daughters. We still play in the surf, sun, and sand. I know my children and grandchildren will forever carry on this tradition, and they will always share my love of the beach.

When God created the beaches and the oceans, He created serenity.


And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called He Seas: and God saw that it was good.

Genesis 1:10


Our closest beach is Galveston Island which can be found deep in the heart of South Texas along our Texas Gulf Coast.

Once known as the "Playground of the South", Galveston Island is a thriving tourist town filled with southern charm, history, and hospitality. With its 32 miles of beaches, the island also offers family entertainment from attractions to museums, dining, shopping, resort hotels, water sports, and its ever-popular historic Strand District. 

And now the island offers even more entertainment with Galveston's Historic Pleasure Pier.  Built where the historic Flagship Hotel once stood, the Pier offers waterfront family fun with a wide variety of attractions and games.

It's no wonder that our family is proud to call Galveston Island "our beach"!


No comments:

Post a Comment