Sunday, December 22, 2019

Sometimes The Inn Is Crowded


"Are you part of the Inn crowd, or are you one of the Stable few?"

I found this quote this morning, and it really made me think.  I think we all love a good vacation; I know I do!  I love being able to get away.  Sometimes we get to stay in a nice hotel room and just sit back and relax.  We may have a great view, and we get to sleep in a nice, cozy bed.  Who wouldn't enjoy this!

I'm sure Mary would've loved such luxuries after her long, hard journey.  Instead she found herself in labor, and all she longed for was a quiet place to rest.  However, all she found was a crowded Inn with no room for her or her Baby.  And although it wasn't the most comfortable place and definitely not the most appealing, I'm sure Mary was grateful for the manger where her Son was born.

Often times, I believe the Lord takes us out of our comfort zones because He has plans to give us something better, but we have to be willing to follow Him.   Mary and Joseph were willing to go where the Lord wanted them, even if it meant they had to leave their home and travel far.  
 
Sometimes the "Inn" is crowded, and we have to go to the peace and quiet of the "Stable".


"And she brought forth her firstborn Son, and wrapped Him in
                    swaddling clothes, and laid Him in a manger; because there
                    was no room for them in the inn."
                                    Luke 2:7

No comments:

Post a Comment