Sunday, December 29, 2019

Making All Things New



CreationSpeech.com
God is amazing!  I really had no idea what I was going to write this morning.  I knew I wanted it to have something to do with the coming new year, but I wasn't sure where to start.  And then...out of nowhere, I ran across John 14:1-3.  Jesus tells us "Let not your heart be troubled...I go to prepare a place for you.  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive unto myself, that where I am, there ye may be also".

In regards to the new year, I think Jesus is telling us, "Don't worry...I'm preparing a place for you in 2020...a new year for you.  I'm already there, and where I am, well...if you believe in Me; if you follow Me...you'll be there, as well."

I know God doesn't want us to dwell on the past, and I know He doesn't want us to worry about the future.  He wants us to rest in Him, and enjoy the present.  He wants us to know that He's taking care of everything.  He has plans to "...prosper us and not to harm us". (Jeremiah 29:11).

"Our hope is not in the new year; our hope is in the One who makes all things new".


"And He who sits on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.”
                                    Revelation 21:5

No comments:

Post a Comment