Sunday, February 7, 2021

Good In Every Day

Every day we watch this world we live in fall more and more before our very eyes.  There's crime, corruption, hate, and lies everywhere.  It's not very encouraging, is it?

But two quotes that I've seen come to mind when I think about this.  The first is, "Look for something positive in each day, even if some days you have to look a little harder". The other is, "Every day may not be good, but there is good in every day".

Both of these are so true, but it's the second one that I experienced just yesterday as I was driving.  We drove past this little farm, and I saw two horses and a dog.  The dog was bouncing all around playfully, and I realized he was playing with one of the horses.  And the horse started to prance around as he began playing with the dog.  I watched him trotting along after the dog, and it was so cute!  I watched the two of them for a few minutes, and I realized I was looking at one of God's little hidden treasures.

He leaves them everywhere for us to see, but how often do we miss them?  Leaves dancing in the wind, a beautiful sunset, a little lizard blending in with the leaves, a butterfly resting on a beautiful flower.  These are all God's "little treasures".  We just need to slow down so we can see them.  We need to look for them every day.  We need to look for God every day.

God is always speaking to us, but we're just not always listening.  God wants us to find hope and encouragement even in this fallen world.  God wants us to find Him.


                 "And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart."
Jeremiah 29:13


No comments:

Post a Comment