Sunday, May 24, 2020

God's Broken Heart


Have you ever thought about how we break God's heart?  I'll be honest...I've thought about disappointing Him and hurting Him, but I've never truly thought that I'm breaking His heart.  It's just really never dawned on me...until now.

God sent His Son, Jesus here in human form.  Jesus was a man, and as such, He has feelings.  He walked, talked, ate, and slept just as we do.  So why not think that He has feelings just like we do?  When Jesus prayed in the Garden of Gethsemane, He said, "...My soul is exceeding sorrowful".  (Matthew 26:38)   And in John 11:35, after Lazarus' death, we're told "Jesus wept".

Just as Jesus was hurt by the disciples not keeping watch as He prayed, we hurt Jesus with our actions.  We may say we love Him, but our actions don't always show Him that we do.  When we neglect Jesus by not spending time with Him in prayer or in His word, His heart breaks.  Every time we sin, His heart breaks.  When we don't make Him first in our lives, His heart breaks.

Sometimes when we're lonely, have you ever thought maybe that it's God's cry for time with us?  Maybe He's aching for fellowship with us because we're precious to Him.  God loves us unconditionally, yet we spend more time on others who don't.  We spend more time worrying and praying about what breaks our hearts.

Maybe it's time we care more about what's breaking God's heart than our own.

"Yet my people have forgotten me days without number." 
Jeremiah 2:32



No comments:

Post a Comment