Sunday, April 21, 2019

I Will Not Leave You


Many times in my life I have felt "forsaken" or abandoned.  I felt alone, sad...just devastated.  But because I'm a child of God, I know that my Lord will never leave me.  I know this because His Son was forsaken in our place.

When Jesus was on the cross, He knew this, too.  Yet He cried out, "My God, my God, why hast Thou forsaken Me?"  I never truly understood what Jesus meant until recently.

You see the Bible says, "God made Him who had no sin to be sin for us" (2 Corinthians 5:21).  Jesus was sinless, but He allowed our sins to be placed on Him.  I believe that the moment that all of mankind's sins fell on Him, and He fell under God's judgement, He took the judgement that we deserved.  For the first time in HIs life, He was separated from His Father because sin separates man from God.  I believe this is why He cried out to His Father.

What about you?  Is your sin separating you from God today?  Please don't let another day pass by without Jesus in your life.


"...I will not leave you or forsake you."
Joshua 1:5

No comments:

Post a Comment