Sunday, January 26, 2020

Live Like Jesus Is Coming



Live like Jesus is coming...because He is you know.  Yes, I know...scholars have been telling us for years that Jesus Christ is coming back.  And while we may not understand His timing, we know that this is truth.  Jesus, Himself, tells us in Revelation 22:12, "Behold I come quickly..."

So I guess the question here is...are you ready?  Do you believe in Jesus?  Have you accepted Him as your personal Lord and Savior?  If Jesus came back today, would you be ready?

These questions not only apply to those who are lost and need Jesus in their lives.  These are questions for Christians, as well.  Are we living like Jesus is coming back?  You might ask, but how do I do that?

I Thessalonians 5:1-28 basically tells us how.

1.  Respect your elders and those in authority.  Pray for them; encourage them.
     (I Thessalonians 5:12-13)

2.  Encourage your friends, but gently rebuke them when needed.
     (I Thessalonians: 5:14)

3.  Do not repay someone with evil but with a blessing instead.  (I Thessalonians 5:15)

4.  Rejoice and be thankful for God's blessings.  (I Thessalonians 5:18)

5.  Be faithful in prayer. (I Thessalonians 5:17)

6.  Do  not resist God.  Listen to His "still small voice".  (I Thessalonians 5:19)

7.  Pay attention to God's word.  (I Thessalonians 5:20)

8.  Examine God's word and stick to it.  (I Thessalonians 5:21)

9.  Avoid doing any form of evil.  (I Thessalonians 5:22)

Jesus is coming back. It could be soon. Are you living as if you believe it?  Always be ready...


"Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh."
                                        Matthew 24:44




No comments:

Post a Comment