Sunday, June 9, 2019

When God Holds Your Hand



Each morning, in my heart, I meet our Lord Jesus on the beach and began my walk with Him for the day.  And each day, He holds my hand as we walk.  Just knowing that He's there with me as I travel the day's path brings me peace and comfort.  But it never fails that fear tries to creep in.

You know Jesus tells us over and over again not to fear.  Yet fear tends to be one of my biggest problems, and I believe it's Satan's biggest weapon that he uses against us.  Fear can cause anxiety, worry, depression; it can be overwhelming.  Just the anticipation of certain events in our lives can bring about fear, and often these things never even happen.  We're worrying for nothing.

Jesus even says,  in Luke 12:25-26, "Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life?  Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?"

Jesus tells us that He will never leave us, that He's always with us.  This is something I have to remind myself of when fear comes my way.  Trust does not come easy for me, but when we trust in Jesus, change will happen.  Fears will weaken, anxiety will fade away...we may still have fear in our lives, but it will loosen its hold on us.  When God holds your hand, He doesn't let go.

Are you holding Jesus' hand today?

“For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, 
saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee.”
Isaiah 41:13

No comments:

Post a Comment